Monday, July 13, 2015

Cyber Camp-Day 1

Today was an interesting day.
1). Never rely on public transport.  Being stuck in an unfamiliar area, in the pouring down rain is not my idea of a good time.

2). Don't buy a computer with an unfamiliar OS right before a class.  I was tempted by the shiny specs.  I ended up okay, but it made me a bit nervous.

3). Make sure that you come prepared.  Our class material was destributed on CD's.  Fortunately, I packed an external dvd player, patch cable, and an ethernet adapter.  I did not have something to decompress a 7z file on my host OS.  I had to open my SIFT VM, decompress the file, and move it to the host machine.  It took longer than necessary.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm allowed to discuss about the class.  I will say that it was extensive.  I'm not sure how much will sink in.  It was well worth doing Cyber Quest.  They were not kidding when they said that the instructors are top notch.

No comments:

Post a Comment