Wednesday, January 15, 2020

SANS Holiday Hack 2019

Another SANS Holiday Hack has come and gone.  Completed the whole challenge this year.  Had quite a bit of fun doing so.  My daughter even got involved for a time.  She helped me put the scraps of paper back together from a villain poorly trying to hide their tracks.  Typical villain - leaves scraps of paper near the fireplace, but not staying to make sure that the job is done.  Too be fair, they couldn't have the smart turtle doves spotting them and ruining their dastardly plans.  The probably heard the birds, and left before the birds could see them.  We could've used GIMP or any number of other image editing software, but there's just something fun about watching kids solve the puzzle and watching their eyes light up with comprehension when they can read the message. :)  I turned in most of the write-up on time, but not all of it.  Plan on posting the write-up and terminals within the next few days.  Having to juggle being a mom, working, and being a wife.  Not always easy.  Posting the solutions is for me anyway - kind of like a journal detailing how much I've learned.  Sometimes I feel I know so little that it's nice to go back and see what I've done, and prove to myself that I'm capable of learning, and have learned a little.  Not sure anyone else really reads these.

No comments:

Post a Comment