Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Linux Foundation Training

I'm finding myself seemingly short of time of late.  I'm now employed.  My job isn't extremely time-consuming, but I do have the family life and wanting to learn.  I have to find a balance in those activities.

I purchased a Linux Foundation Training Course a few months ago as kind of a Christmas present to myself.  They had Black Friday pricing on this particular course.  I had no idea that training could have Black Friday pricing.  I can see why now because some posters claim that the training and certification that I'm doing are considered "trivial".  It's a start though.  As part of the pricing they sent me a Linux Foundation Certified Systems Administrator penguin t-shirt.  I hope to earn that title.

The course has a prerequisite course.  Fortunately the prerequisite is free.  The only problem that I have with the prerequisite is that it is so easy.  I'm almost tempted to skip it, but I'm afraid to because as I've said before, learning the basics is important.  I know everything that I've seen in the course so far.  Hopefully there will be some interesting thing that I have not learned, yet.

I did have a bit of a hiccup getting the paid Linux Foundation course to work.  The customer service was decent.  They were having technical difficulties across the board the exact day that I decided to try the course.  They had it fixed overnight though.  So far, I'd recommend the training to anyone interested in learning about Linux.

No comments:

Post a Comment