Wednesday, October 7, 2015

SANS CyberTalent Immersion Academy for Women

Hi.  I've been busy doing the SANS Cyber Defense Challenge.  I ended up in 6th place overall.  Not bad for a stay-at-home mom.  I just recently got hired for a temporary position with a possibility of getting hired on full-time if I do a decent job.  But enough about my life. 

I know about an exciting opportunity for women in IT.  SANS is offering free SANS training to qualifying participants.  It's called the SANS CyberTalent Immersion Academy for Women.  If you are a college junior, senior, or are a recently graduated woman, I encourage you to apply.  It's completely free for anyone that is accepted so long as they agree to work for two years for a company sponsoring them.  Accepted applicants also get the certification attempts that go along with the training.  For more information about this program, visit:  https://www.sans.org/cybertalent/immersion-academy/programs#womens-academy

No comments:

Post a Comment